A complete list of CPD courses for the Spring 2024 term, split by campus, can be found by clicking on the following link which goes directly to the Professional Development Courses webpage.
They are also offering Training Support for your Apprentice Line Mangers/ Mentors so that effective mentorship can be provided in the workplace to your apprentices. These have been planned to be delivered to avoid disruption to regular office work. Refreshments will also be provided, and it will be a great opportunity to meet your counterparts in the industry to network and share notes. The details of these courses are listed below, and bookings on Eventbrite can be made through the embedded link:
APPRENTICE EMPLOYER TRAINING AND SUPPORT, AUTUMN 2023:
1. Effective Mentoring (22 November, 15:00 -18:00 – Valency Building, Truro Campus)
The Effective Mentoring seminar will cover:
- What mentoring is
- The scope and limits of the mentoring role.
- Personal reflection on own experiences as a mentor and mentee
- Stages of development and reflection on each how mentoring can support a learning journey
- Adding value as a mentor and tracking progress (including recording processes).
- Identification of different mentoring styles
- Pre-empting potential barriers to successful mentoring and ways to overcome them.
2. Creating an Inclusive Workplace for Employees with Additional Needs (30 November, 17:00 -18:00 – Allen Building, Truro Campus)
This training, which has been organised in response to employer feedback, will cover:
- The Equality Act 2010
- The responsibilities of employers and apprentices and how to create a safe and inclusive workplace
- How to evaluate your employees needs and the potential impact
- Reasonable adjustments for employees with disabilities or health conditions
- National support schemes, including Access to Work
3. Safeguarding – Information and Guidance for Employers (6 December, 17:00 – 18:30 – Allen Building, Truro Campus)
This session will cover:
- What is Safeguarding and your role in supporting your apprentice
- Recurring themes on Safeguarding issues
- Indicators and signs for concern
- How to support and report a Safeguarding concern
- How to handle personal disclosure