Join us at our event for networking, and inspiration - 'Big Hearts, Small business and Regional Investment' is designed to bring together business leaders, entrepreneurs and expertise to explore ways to create more responsible business supply chains.
Responsible business practices are essential for businesses of all sizes and can help companies to improve their reputation and increase their profitability.
We recognise, however, that it can be difficult for smaller businesses to demonstrate their responsible practices to consumers when selling products and/or service and to other businesses and third-party operatives when bidding for contracts. Improving the level of support available to small businesses and the self-employed is needed to deliver the change required, particularly for those looking to expand operations and get onto the supply-chain ladder.
Big businesses are already aware of their impact on the environment and the shift in societal expectations to go further than ever before. They are well on their way to adapting their business models and introducing measures and requirements across their supply-chains to fit their corporate strategies. However, to create a successful ecosystem of responsible business - where big businesses support small and medium enterprises - greater cooperation is needed.
This event will explore all the angles of responsible business, what support is available and what changes we want to see as a business community to enable more equitable supply chains.
- Hear from industry experts on the latest trends and best practices in responsible business.
- Network with other business leaders and entrepreneurs who are passionate about sustainability.
- Learn about innovative solutions for closing the gap between large and small business.
- Hear more about the investment in South Yorkshire and the opportunities and support this will bring for SME’s
You'll also have the chance to participate in interactive panel discussions led by experts in the field.
Speakers and Panellists include:
- Oliver Coppard, Mayor of South Yorkshire
- Archie Ratcliffe, Regional Policy Manager for England, Federation of Small Businesses
- Alistair Loasby, Responsible Business Director at Business in the Community
- Jason Heywood, Regional Director Yorkshire and the North East at Natwest Commercial Banking
- Roz Davies, CEO, The Green Estate, Community Interest Company
- Alexandra Anderson, Associate Professor, Sheffield University Business School
- Muz Mumtaz, Assistant Director of Development and Business Support, SYMCA
- Tom Abel, Director of Sales, Business Stream (Water utilities)
The event is kindly supported by Sheffield Business School, Sheffield Hallam University and will conclude with networking and canapes (kindly sponsored by Business Stream).
Book your place so we can manage numbers and we look forward to seeing you there.
Book now to secure your place. Members and non-members are welcome.
To enable FSB to deliver a high level of customer service at our events, and to tailor the content where appropriate, we will share your full name and business name with the host of the event you have registered to attend. The event hosts are representatives of FSB who irretrievably delete your details following the event. Should you not consent your full name and business name being shared with the event host, please contact [email protected] within three working days of the event taking place, with details of the event.
For help and support regarding this event, please telephone 07816 453462 or email [email protected]
- To help ensure things run smoothly, please refer to our Events terms and conditions here.
- We want all attendees to feel welcome - please read our statement on Diversity and inclusion here.
- Joining our virtual networking for the first time? Find out more about FSB virtual events and a quick guide to getting started here.