How much could FSB Business Banking save your business?
Join the FSB for FREE* business banking
Exclusive to FSB members, FSB Business Banking is provided by The Co-operative Bank.
Here is what we mean by free business banking:
- No charges for everyday banking services. Charges apply for any special services such as stopping cheques, CHAPS payments etc.
- Free to pay in cheques
- Fee-free overdraft subject to application and status
- Interest paid on every penny of your credit balance
- Access to a business charge card with no monthly fee subject to application and status with an interest free period of up to 38 days**
- Free change facility at Co-operative Bank branches by arrangement
- £25 loyalty bonus every year annually on the anniversary of the account being opened.
*Some restrictions apply - see tariff for details
**Purchases in a currency other than sterling are subject to a foreign currency commission charge of 2.75%. Cash advances are subject to a 2% handling charge which may additionally apply if drawing currency other than sterling.
Business banking with ethics
As well as restricting finance to certain business sectors or activities, The Co-operative Bank's Ethical Policy commits to provide finance to those organisations making a positive community, social and environmental impact.
Join the FSB and take advantage of this exclusive business banking offer:
To find out more, call The Co-operative Bank on 0808 16 88 283 between 8.30am and 5.00pm, Monday to Friday or visit: co-operativebank.co.uk/fsb
Credit facilities are provided by The Co-operative Bank and are subject to status, our lending policy and security may be required. The Co-operative Bank reserves the right to decline any application. See FSB Business Banking tariff for full details.
The Co-operative Bank is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (No.121885) and holds an Interim Permission in respect of consumer credit activities and subscribes to the Lending Code and the Financial Ombudsman Service.
Calls may be monitored or recorded for security and training purposes. Calls to 0800 numbers are free from landlines. Calls to mobiles may vary and you may want to check this with your service provider. Information correct as at September 2014.