This year, National Fitness Day is scheduled to take place on Wednesday 22 September. Designed to highlight the role physical activity plays in our everyday lives, the day sees people taking up activity challenges with friends, families and work colleagues across the UK.
As we head into Autumn, the nights draw in and the mornings begin to feel chillier, that morning exercise feels just a little harder to take part in.
Why should physical activity matter to me?
The benefits of exercise spread much further than physical health. Exercise increases mood and helps to support mental health leading to a more positive outlook on life. In addition to this, exercising with others can help people stay motivated to continue exercising as well as developing personal relationships.
A team challenge can help:
- Team members who have been apart from furlough reconnect and rebuild relationships
- Team members who are working from home feel connected together as a team
- Build personal relationships by having a shared goal to work towards outside of work
- You to support the health and wellbeing of yourself and your staff
- Boost engagement by having a team with a strong relationship