Whether you're interested in the smaller business community, are planning to start a business or have an existing business, we have a package for you.
Our most popular package is FSB Business Essentials which includes a whole range of benefits and products designed to make your business fly
A suite of legal benefits including a dedicated helpline, bundled insurance products and a range of online information to keep your business safe. Plus a whole range of negotiated benefits to help save you money and win business.
Our Business Creation package is designed to make starting a business simpler, allowing you time to focus on what's important - making it a success.
Specialist company formation benefits, access to FSB networking, business banking and a range of products to help get you setup in business.
Whatever your circumstances, we have a package to suit you and your business. Click the button below to see which benefits are included in each package and start your FSB journey.
'I just felt wow, I want to be part of this organisation so I joined.'
'Having someone there like the FSB who you can just call on for those other things you’re not quite sure on, it’s been invaluable.'
'What you can save by taking up some of the membership offers will save you your membership fee.'
We represent a diverse range of businesses from retailers to marketing agencies and just about everything in between. Take a look at more member stories and see how we could help your business fly.
More Member Stories
We offer three packages to suit your business needs. Joining FSB Connect is free, our Business Essentials package starts at £172.50 in the first year and our specialist Business Creation package has a fixed price of £129.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
1. We will only use your data in circumstances where the data protection legislation allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
a. Where we need to perform a contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
b. Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
c. Where we need to comply with a legal obligation;
d. Where you have given us your explicit and informed consent to do so.
We have set out below, in a table format and within the numbered paragraphs thereafter, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Please note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
Type of data
Lawful basis for processing.
To register you as a customer
(a) Identity data
(b) Contact data
Performance of a contract with you
To process and deliver your order including:
(a) Manage payments, fees and charges
(b) Collect and recover money owed to us
(e) Marketing and Communications
(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us)
To manage our relationship with you which will include:
(b) Asking you to leave a review or take a survey
(c) informing you or upcoming/future events which may be of interest
(d) Marketing and Communications
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
(c) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services)
To enable you to provide feedback and/or complete a survey
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them and grow our business)
To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise)
To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, events, customer relationships and experiences
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you
(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business)
3. When registering to attend FSB events via Eventbrite you give your consent for Eventbrite to share your data with FSB (Please refer to Eventbrite Terms & Conditions on booking page) and for us to use this data to keep you informed about that specific event and any subsequent events that we believe would be relevant to your interests. Whist registering for the event we will also ask if you are a member of the FSB. If not, and you give your consent, we will contact you to provide information about the benefits of joining the FSB.
4. For reasons such as security and health and safety we may share the data you’ve provided with the venue hosting the event. This will always be limited only to data required for specific purposes. For example, if you have specified dietary requirements or food allergies we will pass on your name and request to the venue.
5. We will ask for your consent to take pictures or record video of you at the event and use these on social media, the website, event marketing or in a press releases to promote the activities of the Federation of Small Business. We will only do this if you provide your consent at the time of booking. If you wish to withdrawn your consent for us to use images/video of you please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the event at which the image was taken.
6. If there is a requirement to process special categories of personal data relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious and philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, biometric data or sexual orientation, we’ll always obtain your explicit consent to that unless this is not required by law or the information is required to protect your health in an emergency (for example, where we request your dietary requirements and/or your access requirements). Where we are processing data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
7. We will sometimes share your data with FSB Volunteers who may be providing support at the event. This would include registering attendees to ensure we know who has attended. Where we need to do this we will ensure that appropriate confidentiality agreements are in place, as well as data destruction agreement from the FSB Volunteer.
8. If, in the future, we would like to process your personal data for a purpose other than that which it was collected for, we’ll provide you with information about that and request your consent before doing so.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us and you have not subsequently opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express and informed opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by logging into the website and adjusting your marketing preferences.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us other than in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not transfer your personal data outside either the United Kingdom or European Economic Area (EEA)
Under the data protection legislation you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data. You have the right to:
Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
• If you want us to establish the data's accuracy.
• Where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it.
• Where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
• You have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
The National Federation of Self Employed and Small Businesses Limited is the controller of data for the purposes of the data protection legislation.
If you have any concerns as to how your data is processed you can contact our data compliance managers at email@example.com, or you can write to us at:
FAO Data Protection Officer
National Federation of Self Employed and Small Businesses Limited
Sir Frank Whittle Way
Blackpool FY4 2FE