What to expect
- A big welcome
- Updates on local issues for Central London.
- Introductions – around 2 mins to introduce you and your company / services and products you provide
- Lenna Lou , the event host on the Central London FSB vision of collaboration
- Guest Speaker and Q&A
- Break out rooms and networking
- FSB Membership – What’s in it for you
- Are you an FSB Member that isn't sure what benefits are available to you?
- Have you ever wondered what lobbying the FSB does on your behalf, whether you're a member or not?
- Have you always thought about FSB membership but not got around to joining?
- Are you looking to network with other small businesses in your local area?
Now more than ever is the time to make sure that you are making the most of your FSB benefits, whether it's exploring the FSB Legal Hub and updating your processes; understanding what FSB Care could be doing for your well-being or FSB Funding Platform could be helping with your cash flow. There are bound to be some benefits that you didn't realise existed that could really help at the moment!
Your local Membership Advisor, Rachel Barham, will be on hand to talk to you about the services and benefits of FSB membership for small businesses. If you're already a member, whether you have been for months or years, you'll be able to ask questions to ensure that you're getting the most from your membership and that you're familiar with all of the benefits and protections that you're entitled to as a member of the FSB.
If you are not a member, you are invited to hear what we offer before you commit to joining us.
Find out about all of the lobbying work that we undertake on your behalf. We will hear from your FSB Development Manager, about how they are lobbying for small businesses on your behalf.
This free FSB virtual 'network and learn' event is open to all businesses - FSB members and non-members are welcome to attend - so please feel free to share with your networks.
Guest Speaker: Firdaus Mogul, Founder of Check An Invoice will provide insights on 'Invoice Fraud'.
1. Is invoice fraud really a big problem?
2. Are manual checks by the finance teams enough to prevent invoice fraud?
3. Is artificial intelligence really effective in identifying fraud?
Invoice fraud is the single largest online threat today. In the UK, companies list £ 90 million to invoice fraud in 2019. What is invoice fraud? How big is the problem and what should companies be doing to avoid the risk of losing money to the fastest growing cyber security threat.
After his career in banking where he held senior positions at Standard Chartered Bank and American Express, Firdaus became an entrepreneur in 2014. His current company, Check an Invoice has saved businesses in the UK and around the world from potential losses of over £ 17 million due to fraudulent invoices. In his spare time Firdaus is an award winning B2B sales trainer having trained over 25 banks across Asia, Europe and Africa.
This is one in a series of networking events for business owners organised by local FSB members, Lenna Lou from The L Factor is hosting Central London Social.
For general enquiries regarding the event, please telephone FSB Customer Services on 0808 20 20 888 (Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm), or email [email protected]
New to virtual networking? Find out more about FSB virtual events and a quick guide to getting started here.