This panel event comprised of MPs, business leaders, academics and policy experts will cover several themes around diversity and inclusion in the workplace:
• The state of play: What are the specific barriers faced by ethnic minorities, people with disabilities, women and LGBT people?
• Time to Change: The business, social and economic case for equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace
• Dispelling the myths: What can SMEs do to demonstrate a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion?
• Effecting change: What does best practice look like? What should employers do to ensure their workforce is diverse and inclusive and what can we learn from best practice businesses?
• Measuring success: How do we know we’re making a lasting difference?
The Panellists are:
- John Lehal, Strategy Consultant (Chair)
- Bola Adesina, Founder & Co-Chair, Legal and General Culture Club
- Diana Chrouch, Chair, BAME Business Policy, Federation of Small Businesses
- David Johnston OBE, Member of Parliament for Wantage and former Chief Executive of the Social Mobility Foundation
- Professor Monder Ram OBE, Centre for Research in Ethnic Minority Entrepreneurship