For many small business owners, trading online is a daunting prospect as not only can sourcing the right platform be expensive – but ‘getting found online’ in what can be a very noisy marketplace is also difficult.
Dorset LEP have funding for businesses in Dorset to have a FREE subscription until March 2022 on ShopAppy.com, a national “Shop & Support” local scheme enabling small businesses to compete with online retail giants, by using their collective identity as a town.
We will be joined in the webinar by Michael Weedon, Chair of FSB Retail Policy Unit who will explain why FSB sees schemes such as Shop Appy as vital for the survival and regeneration of our town centres.
This free one-hour virtual business support session will:
- Explain the ShopAppy.com proposition for Dorset and the opportunities available.
- Explain how your business can trade online through this scheme (even if you already have your own e-commerce website)
- Explain your next steps and how you can get involved.
- Talk to you about the economic effects of COVID and the national shopping trends that have emerged.
- Hear from Alan Reade from ‘A Little Decorum’ in Wimborne, about how he’s been using the scheme and getting positive results
- Answer your questions.
For general enquiries regarding the event please email [email protected]
One of FSB’s objectives is to value diversity and inclusion in everything it does and the strength of FSB rests on attracting the greatest number and diverse small business owners and the self-employed which reflect the whole of the UK business population. We therefore want existing and new small business owners and the self-employed, from whichever communities they belong to, to feel welcomed and a part of the FSB community.
All of our events, whether focused on a specific issue or equality characteristic, are therefore open to all. This also underpins the notion of allyship where marginalised groups are supported by those not from the specific groups or communities and offers mutual benefits for shared learning, wider conversations and a collective responsibility to inclusivity. If you have any questions please email the event organiser here: Gioia Grobler
New to virtual networking? Find out more about FSB virtual events and a quick guide to getting started here.