The average tradesperson loses 20% of their income each year to customers not settling the bill.
Two thirds (68%) of homeowners in the UK don’t set any kind of budget for projects that are likely to cost more than £100, and 18% of homeowners have to stop a project part way through due to running out of money.
The construction sector needs 400,000 new workers each year to fulfil current housing and infrastructure projects, yet less than 1 in 10 teenagers would consider construction as a career choice.
One construction worker takes their own life every day, according to data from the Office of National Statistics (ONS), demonstrating the gravity of mental health issues within the construction industry.
In such uncertain times, it's more important than ever to protect your business, have a process to make sure you get paid and look after your own wellbeing so that your business is here for the long term.
Host Paul Foster, FSB Development Manager
- Tim Mullock, CEO Kiistone Ltd
- Hattie Hasan MBE, Founder of the National Register of Tradeswomen
- Caroline Pearce, Health and Wellbeing Ambassador Kiistone
In this hour-long online discussion, we'll have 3 experts who will share with you:
- A new way of working that protects your hard-earned cash, manages the day to day detail and keeps you and your customer happy.
- You are your business. Learn how to stay on top of your physical and mental health to ensure your business thrives.
- The importance of re-educating the next generation to believe that a career in construction is one of the best ways to build a future.
For general enquiries regarding the event, please email [email protected]
New to virtual networking? Find out more about FSB virtual events and a quick guide to getting started here.