Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this site
What’s in these terms?
These terms tell you the rules for using our website www.fsb.org.uk (our site).
Click on the links below to go straight to more information on each area:
- Who FSB are and how to contact us
- By using our site you accept these terms
- There are other terms that may apply to you
- FSB may make changes to these terms
- FSB may make changes to our site
- FSB may suspend or withdraw our site
- FSB may transfer this agreement to someone else
- Our site is only for users in the UK
- You must keep your account details safe
- How you may use material on our site
- Do not rely on information on our site
- FSB are not responsible for websites FSB link to
- User-generated content is not approved by us
- How to complain about content uploaded by other users
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- How FSB may use your personal information
- Uploading content to our site
- Rights you are giving us to use material you upload
- FSB are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
- Rules about linking to our site
- Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
- Our trade marks are registered
www.fsb.org.uk is a site operated by National Federation of Self Employed and Small Businesses Limited (“FSB”). FSB is a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 01263540 and have our registered office at Sir Frank Whittle Way, Blackpool FY4 2FE. Our VAT number is 997342763.
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
FSB recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
- Our Acceptable Use Policy, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
If you purchase FSB membership from our site, our Terms and Conditions of membership will apply.
If you purchase a ticket to an FSB event from our site, our booking Terms and Conditions for events will apply.
FSB may amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on 18 December 2019.
FSB may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our membership offers, our users’ needs and our business priorities.
Our site is made available free of charge.
FSB do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. FSB may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. FSB will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
FSB may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. FSB will always tell you in writing if this happens and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
FSB’s site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. FSB does not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
If you join as a member and are provided with a membership number, or any other information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
FSB is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us.
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although FSB make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
If you wish to complain about content uploaded by other users, please contact us at [email protected]. Full details of the process for complaints is set out in our Acceptable Use Policy at [link]
Whether you are a prospective member of FSB or FSB member:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of event bookings or membership, which will be set out in the relevant Terms.
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our site for use by members of FSB and those who wish to access the event bookings.
- You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us (and other users of our site) a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described in Rights you are giving us to use material you upload.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
We do not store terrorist content.
When you upload or post content to our site, you grant us the following rights to use that content:
- FSB, as website owner, requires a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that user-generated content in connection with the service provided by the website and across different media. FSB may also wish to use the content provided by you to promote our website and our membership. If you upload material to our website, you agree to licence this content to us.
- Any other licences are reviewed on an individual basis and if you wish to use the content then you must contact [email protected]
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact [email protected].
The following are trade-marks registered to FSB:-
You are not permitted to use them without our approval. Please contact [email protected] if you require further details.