Salary: £24,377 + competitive benefits package
Location: Home Based (Kent and Medway & Essex)
Status: Full Time, Permanent
FSB is seeking a self-motivated and highly organised individual for a diverse home-based Operational Support Coordinator role covering Kent and Medway and Essex. If you are interested in championing and supporting small businesses in your local community whilst working for the UK’s leading business campaigner, then this is a great opportunity for you.
What will you do?
This is an interesting and varied role. The successful candidate will:
- Support with the facilitation of online and face-to-face FSB events
- Create engaging content to market events and promote FSB
- Liaise with local Development Managers, local volunteers, business owners, venues and speakers to ensure events are organised in a professional manner
- Assist the Development Manager to maintain, co-ordinate and grow FSB campaigning at a local level to increase the impact of our national campaigning goals.
- Provide support and guidance to FSB members via telephone, email and social media about events, FSB products, issues affecting their business or enquiries about joining FSB
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have:
- experience in the administration and marketing of events
- the ability to create engaging and informative copy to market events
- experience of creating and posting content for social media
- experience of managing and delivering admin support
- experience of working in a customer supporting role.
- experience of working in a role without close supervision and where working on own initiative was essential.
You must have access to a car and be willing to travel within the Kent, Medway and Essex region to attend events and meetings. This was virtual during the pandemic and will be a mixture of both going forward
- Home-based flexible working
- 40-hour contract
- 33 paid holidays per year including bank holidays
In addition to a fulfilling career with FSB, you’ll also benefit from:
- Annual Flex Pot* to spend on benefits including additional pension, additional holidays, additional critical illness cover, additional life cover, cycle to work scheme and discounted gym membership
- Group Personal Pension (GPP)
- Health cash plan*
- Critical illness, income protection and life assurance insurance*
- Access to member benefits including legal advice line, nurse support and insurance service
*Applicable on completion of probationary period and subject to terms
How to apply
All applications to be received by 16 October 2021. Any applications received after this date will be held on file for a maximum of 3 months and reviewed if the first round of applicants are unsuccessful.
To apply for this role please email your CV and covering letter to [email protected].
Who are we?
Established over 45 years ago to help small businesses and the self-employed achieve their ambitions, the Federation of Small Businesses is a not-for-profit organisation that’s run by members, for members.
Members get an exclusive package of great value business services including advice, financial products and support. These cover a wide range of benefits such as tax, legal and HR, local network groups and business banking.
We’re also the UK’s leading business campaigner, focused on delivering change which supports smaller businesses to grow and succeed. With teams across the UK, we work with governments, elected members and decision-makers to make real change happen.
All applicants must be able to provide at interview stage their highest education certificates as listed on their CV and verification of their eligibility to work in the UK.
FSB is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusion across gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, colour, race, ethnic origin, religious beliefs and disability. We believe that diversity and inclusion in our team is integral to our success in supporting the UK’s vast array of small businesses.
Applicants are advised to apply early. We reserve the right to close a vacancy prior to the closing date if a high number of applications are received. If you are successful and short listed for interview you will be contacted by email.