Salary: £60,000 + competitive benefits
Location: Westminster, London
What will you do?
This is an interesting and varied role. As a key member of FSB’s lobbying team, the successful candidate will:
- Take responsibility and be the lead point of contact for work relating to UK small businesses’ international policy interests, including, but not limited to, international trade.
- Lead FSB’s work on post-Brexit, post-Transition UK-EU trade and relations, including engaging with the Business Brexit Taskforce, key Government departments, relevant parliamentary select committees, the European Commission, EU member state governments, FSB’s European association, and the FSB Northern Ireland team.
- Lead FSB’s engagement work on international trade, including with DIT, members of parliament, relevant parliamentary select committees, foreign administrations, and institutions such as the World Trade Organisation (WTO).
- Working with FSB’s Brussels-based consultancy and European association, SMEunited, lead engagement on relevant EU policy that will affect UK small businesses, including but not limited to trade, product safety, digital, customs, and environmental policy.
- When and where required, represent FSB publicly, including in the media, in front of parliamentary select committees, and via the delivery of presentations at internal and external meetings and events to help promote FSB’s work.
- Publish high quality policy reports and papers setting out FSB policy positions in key areas and on relevant legislative proposals.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have experience of:
- Experience carrying out research and drawing conclusions, including producing written papers and analysing statistical data.
- Experience engaging with high-level political figures and officials.
- Previous experience of political strategy, policy or campaigning work.
- The team in the Westminster office are currently working from home in line with government guidance. Long term, the role will be based in the Westminster office with some flexibility around working from home, and some international travel.
- 35 hours per week
- 33 paid holidays per year including bank holidays
In addition to a fulfilling career with FSB, you’ll also benefit from:
- Annual Flex Pot* to spend on benefits including additional pension, additional holidays, additional critical illness cover, additional life cover, cycle to work scheme and discounted gym membership
- Group Personal Pension (GPP)
- Health cash plan*
- Critical illness, income protection and life assurance insurance*
- Access to an employee assistance programme and mental health first aiders
*Applicable on completion of probationary period and subject to terms
How to apply
All applications to be received by 9 January 2022. Any applications received after this date will be held on file for a maximum of 3 months and reviewed if the first round of applicants are unsuccessful.
To apply for this role please email your CV and covering letter to [email protected].
Who are we?
Established over 45 years ago to help small businesses and the self-employed achieve their ambitions, FSB is a not-for-profit organisation that’s run by members, for members.
Members get an exclusive package of great value business services including advice, financial products and support. These cover a wide range of benefits such as tax, legal and HR, local network groups and business banking.
We’re also the UK’s leading business campaigner, focused on delivering change which supports smaller businesses to grow and succeed. With teams across the UK, we work with governments, elected members and decision-makers to make real change happen.
All applicants must be able to provide at interview stage their highest education certificates as listed on their CV and verification of their eligibility to work in the UK.
As an equal opportunities employer, FSB is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We believe there is a strong case for the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion agenda and aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace, where all employees can bring their whole self to work. We strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a range of backgrounds to apply and join FSB. Candidates with a disability who require reasonable adjustments should contact the HR department at [email protected].
Applicants are advised to apply early. We reserve the right to close a vacancy prior to the closing date if a high number of applications are received. If you are successful and short listed for interview you will be contacted by email.