Healthcare Advice: what the FSB offers
In partnership with independent care advisers - RED ARC Assured Ltd - FSB members diagnosed with a serious health condition can have FREE access to a personal nurse adviser who will provide practical information and emotional support.
This will give you:
- access to your own personal nurse adviser who will be there to provide practical information and emotional support for as long as you need it.
Your personal nurse adviser may, if appropriate, arrange:
- a one off Home Visit or a series of support telephone calls with a specialist nurse to answer your questions, allay fears, and help identify issues you should raise when you next see your consultant,
OR, if more helpful to your situation, arrange where clinically appropriate:
- a course of therapy, including occupational, speech or complementary or physio depending on your needs,
OR, if deemed more appropriate in your circumstances,
- a course of specialist counselling.
- You will also have access to a network of specialist charities and self-help groups if these will help.
Please note that whilst access to your personal nurse adviser is unlimited, the Home Visit by a specialist nurse, therapies and counselling (outlined above) are limited to one 'use' or 'course' per medical condition, per member, and are not an annually renewing benefit.
In addition, members can buy the service for an employee or family member, at the point of need, for a one-off flat fee.
In this way, you can become a more informed patient, getting the most out of your treatment, and knowing that support is there for you and your family at every step of the way.